Tel: +44 7710 630730
Spelter figural statue of one of the Horses of Marly being retained by his Groom.
Made from carrara marble the Marly Horses were commissioned by Louis XV of France for the trough at the entrance to the grounds of his Chateau de Marly, 1743-1745.
Small areas of damage to back of man and a leg of horse.
Approx. Dimensions: L: 25 x D: 13 x H: 29 cm
Circa: Second Quarter of the 20th Century
Collection by Appointment: Farnham, Surrey | UK P&P: £10.00